Thursday, April 20, 2006

The First One


Delhi Monsoon is finally giving signs of arrival. Sunday and today looksa dream, just the kind of days when Presi days makes me so nostalgicthat I feel sick. I remember one day, it was pelting and we all went andsat in the grounds, got totally drenched, and then the guys went toHindu hostel to get change for us. They respected our hygiene and got ustheir best and laundered clothes. Thats how we went home that evening,looking ridiculous but with a heart so happy, that it was bursting atthe seams.Also, there was this day in May 2000, when we went for a walk barefootin the park. We did not need music, food or any creature comforts forpleasure, we were together and, we were opening our hearts to eachother. The most momentous yet soothing feelings known to man.Today, when I look back on these days, I miss that man, the love he gaveme and i gave him and how we viewed the world together. Its a complexfeeling, when a part of me wants to break down and cry for has been andanother part of me is happy for at least having those "has beens" in mylife.Rains and clouds, are nature's poetry for us!

1 Comments:

Blogger anubrata said...

good to go woman.
i must tell you that my first one was also called the first one!
yes the rains...oh the rains...wonderful ain't it.The uncanny part is how well rain and nostalgia go together.Just like night and memories...
It still doesn't feel like rain here in Calcutta.request:"God, please fire some of the clouds...literally."

12:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home