Sunday, May 28, 2006

Give Me One Moment in Time



Disclaimer: I write under the influence of Cannibus Indica

Each visit to Calcutta entails a supreme sense of anticipation for moments. This needs explanation, I live by the moments. Not 24X7, but close. For me relationships are all about moments. Small gestures, phrases, a hug, a look, all these form moments of mutual connections, which deem all else unimportant and meaningless.
When I visit my Mom and brother in Cal, I look fwd to these. This Friday evening trip to Cal, started with a bad journey to the airport, followed by endless queues, baggage checks, uncomfortable seats and uber cheerful air hostesses with body odour. When I landed in Cal, my quest for moments began. Throughtout the ride back home followed by joyous hugs and happy guffaws, those Moments eluded me. Many long chats later we retired to sleep, and I was fast "rolling up" to hedge
the depression that would follow for lack of the "You Know By Now What(Moments)"....
I went to sleep and my brother started strumming for his next day gig.
This followed:
Me: "Will you shut up?"
Bro:"No".
Improvisations on the C chord constituted my Moment!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

chopin.. that is a beautiful piece of music.

5:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home